- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 11 tablespoons (1 1/3 sticks) cold butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup dried apricots or dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup all-fruit apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
Place nuts in a food processor and pulse to coarsely chop them. Add apricots, raisins, coconut, preserves and applesauce and pulse until finely chopped and blended. Spread the mixture in an even layer on the rectangles of dough. Roll up lengthwise into logs and place seam side down on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before carefully slicing, using a serrated knife.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.