- 4 red bell peppers, tops removed, cored and seeded
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cooked short grain brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown lamb and garlic, breaking up lamb. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, mint, spices, cooked rice and 3/4 cup of the broth. Stuff peppers with mixture. Stand stuffed peppers in remaining broth in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes until peppers are just tender.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.