- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, plus more for the muffin tin
- 1 1/4 cup 100% whole wheat pastry flour, plus more for rolling dough
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream, divided
- 2 eggs
- 8 large fresh strawberries, quartered, or 1/2 cup blueberries, or 2 pitted plums, peaches or nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup brown sugar, remaining 1/2 cup sour cream and eggs; divide between 8 muffin cups. Arrange fruit in custard (some will stick out). Sprinkle with nutmeg and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until pastry is golden brown and fruit is tender, about 45 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each tart to loosen them; immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.