- 1/4 pound cremini mushrooms, cut into quarters or eighths, depending on size
- 1/4 pound portobello mushroom caps, diced
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and discarded, cut into quarters
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 ounces Le Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Prick pie shell all over with a fork. Prebake shell for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
Whisk together heavy cream and eggs with thyme, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine roasted mushrooms, onion, gruyere and thyme. Spread this mixture in the bottom of the pie shell in an even layer. Pour cream-egg mixture over the mushroom mixture, ensuring that all of the mushroom mixture is covered.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.