- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package smoky tempeh strips or 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers (jarred)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 (11- to 12-inch) prepared whole wheat pizza crusts
- 2 cups marinara or pasta sauce
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, peppers and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Arrange pizza crusts on large baking sheets. Spoon pasta sauce over crusts and spread out evenly. Top each crust with equal amounts of mushroom mixture, tempeh, feta, mozzarella, olives, chives and oregano. Bake until crusts are crisp and cheese is melted and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.