- 1 1/2 ounce thin rice noodles
- 8 sheets nori
- 1 cup rehydrated hijiki or other seaweed (about 1/2 cup dried)
- 1 cup finely chopped kale leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot, (from about 1 small carrot)
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 6 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (white or black or a mix of both)
- Low-sodium soy sauce for serving (optional)
Overlap 2 nori sheets to form a rectangle that measures about 8x12 inches. With a pastry brush dipped in water, brush the underside of the top sheet where it overlaps and press down to seal the 2 together. Leaving a 1-inch border all around the edges, cover the bottom third of the longer side of the sheet with a quarter of the noodles, hijiki, kale, carrot, cabbage, radish, mint and basil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Fold in the sides of the wrap and firmly roll it up as you would a burrito. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, making 4 rolls. Serve immediately with soy sauce, if using, or wrap securely in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.