- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk or soy milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together bananas, oil, apple juice, vanilla, milk and yogurt. Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir just to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly before slicing.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.