- 2/3 cup chopped pitted dates, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
Scrape into the prepared pan, level the top with a spatula, and bake until firm and lightly browned around the edges, about 17 minutes. Cool in the pan and cut into 10 bars. Bars keep in an airtight container for about a week. They can also be individually wrapped and frozen until ready to eat; allow about 2 hours for them to thaw.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.