- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups light brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt or sour cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
In a second large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups of the sugar, 1/2 cup of the yogurt, 4 tablespoons of the butter, vanilla and eggs with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, and then stir in oatmeal mixture until well combined. Transfer to the prepared pan, spread out evenly, and bake until golden brown and the cake springs back in the middle when touched, about 35 minutes. Set aside to let cool completely.
Once cake is cool, make the icing. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup yogurt, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined. Spread over cake, cut into squares and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.