For busy weeknights, we love an all-in-one dish that’s family-friendly and serves a crowd. The apples and butternut squash in this recipe are great with bratwursts, but any mild sausage will work deliciously.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into thick slices
- 2 teaspoons expeller-pressed canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 fresh bratwursts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet, combine squash, apples, grapes and onion. Sprinkle with oil, caraway seeds, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Arrange brats over the top. Roast until brats are browned and hot all the way through, and squash is very tender, about 35 minutes.