- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 Fuji apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/8 ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Remove tofu and arrange in a shallow 9x13-inch baking dish along with mushrooms, onions and carrots. Pour remaining marinade over tofu and vegetables, brushing to coat everything. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes more. Turn the tofu and continue to bake 10 minutes more.
Meanwhile, prepare apples. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned but not mushy, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve tofu and vegetables alongside apples.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.