- 1/2 small avocado
- 3/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced, divided
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch kale, collards or Swiss chard, stems and tough ribs discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 (6-ounce) paiche fillets
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add greens and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cover and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes; add water a few tablespoons at a time if necessary to keep greens from sticking. Transfer greens to a platter and keep warm.
Wipe out the skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle paiche with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add to the skillet and cook until just opaque in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Place fish on top of greens and spoon sauce over fish.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.