- 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon paprika, divided
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen black-eyed peas, prepared according to package instructions
- 1/3 cup lowfat (1%) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Return chicken and its juices to skillet. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, smash peas with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium pot and heat over medium heat until hot throughout. Transfer peas to serving plate; remove chicken from sauce and arrange over peas. Whisk yogurt into sauce and simmer gently, uncovered, 5 minutes more. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.