- 8 ounces small whole wheat pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups prepared pasta sauce, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) package silken tofu, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup soy or rice Parmesan-style cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Put tofu, basil, garlic, 1/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture reaches the consistency of ricotta. Taste and adjust seasonings. Spread tofu mixture over the cooked pasta and top with remaining pasta sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.