Pasta with Mushrooms, Spinach and Mt. Tam Cheese
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 3/4 pound sliced cremini or other mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 6 packed cups)
- 1/2 wheel (5 ounces) Organic Mt. Tam cheese, chilled, diced, divided
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the skillet, add oil and return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, about 8 minutes. Add bacon and wine. Cook 2 minutes. Add spinach, stirring until it is wilted.
Add pasta and half of the cheese to the skillet and remove from the heat. Stir until combined; add some of the reserved pasta water if pasta seems dry. Transfer to a bowl or platter, sprinkle with bread crumbs and top with remaining cheese.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.