- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 pound dried capellini pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add broth, 1 cup water, potatoes, cumin and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Add pasta and simmer until al dente, about 5 minutes. Return browned meat and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute. Discard bay leaf, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.