- 4 medium Russet, red or yellow potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
When the potatoes are almost tender, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add zucchini, squash, mushrooms, onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
Preheat the broiler. Split open potatoes, transfer to a baking dish and top with zucchini mixture. Pour marinara over potatoes then top with mozzarella. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to plates and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.