Polenta Tart with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup finely ground dry polenta (cornmeal)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Combine polenta with 2 cups cold water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Stir in the grated cheese and continue to stir 3 to 5 minutes longer. Transfer polenta to prepared tart pan. Spread it evenly over bottom and up sides of pan. Bake until dry and crisp on edges, about 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and spread a thin layer of goat cheese over crust. Arrange cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes on top of the cheese. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until the cheese is softened and tomatoes are heated through. Before serving, remove the sides from the tart pan and sprinkle top with basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.