- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 thinly sliced leeks, white and light green part only
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper and sear until browned, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and cook until mushrooms begin to release their liquid, 5 more minutes. Add garlic and leeks and continue cooking until leeks are wilted and soft 3-4 minutes. Add rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. When polenta is ready, serve immediately and top with mushrooms and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
For a double-duty meal, you can prepare double the amount of polenta. Serve half for dinner, add different ingredients to the remainder, allow to set up and cool, and bake for breakfast the next morning.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.