- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large gala or Granny Smith apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- pinch plus 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in, center-cut pork loin chops
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce, such as original or hot Bone Suckin' Sauce, divided
- Canola spray oil
- pinch plus 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season pork chops with remaning 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, flipping once, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Arrange pork chops on top of shallots and apples. Pour half of the barbecue sauce over the top.
Place dish in the oven and immediately reduce temperature to 375°F. Bake for 15 minutes, then spoon remaining barbecue sauce over the top and bake until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the pork chops registers 145°F, about 15 minutes more.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.