- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon prepared balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 2 pieces focaccia bread, about 6-x-6-inches each
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained well
- arugula leaves, Handful of
Preheat broiler. Broil mushrooms about 3 inches from the broiling element for 6 to 7 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
Halve the focaccia horizontally and place the cheese on one side of the bread. Cut the broiled mushrooms into 1-inch-thick slices diagonally and arrange them over the cheese. Place the peppers over the mushrooms and top with the arugula. If you like, sprinkle a little vinaigrette over the arugula. Top sandwiches with the other half of focaccia and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.