- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, trimmed and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth, plus more to taste
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- 6 small slices sourdough bread
- 6 thin slices Brie (about 5 ounces total)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or flat-leaf parsley, (optional)
Working in batches, carefully purée contents of pot in a blender until smooth then return soup to pot. Thin out with a bit more broth, if desired, then season with salt and pepper, cover and keep warm.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange bread on a large baking sheet in a single layer, top with Brie and bake until cheese is melted and bread is golden. Ladle soup into bowls, top with croutons, garnish with dill and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.