- Potato Pancakes
- Canola or olive spray oil
- 1 1/2 pound Russet potatoes, peeled and shredded on a medium grater
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more if needed
- Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop potato mixture, 1/3 cup at a time, and press out the liquid. Transfer to the the hot pan, pressing down slightly to form a patty. Add as many pancakes as will fit into pan without crowding and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining oil and potato mixture. There will be liquid in the bottom of the bowl; this should be discarded.
Bake pancakes 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through and crisp. Meanwhile, to make yogurt dill sauce, stir together yogurt, dill and green onion. Serve pancakes with sauce.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.