- 2 1/2 pound (about 5 large) ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 orange, zested and juiced, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped
- 2 cups 3/4-inch cubes sprouted grain Health Starts Here bread
- 3/4 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss bread cubes with herbes de Provence and granulated garlic. Place on a baking sheet and bake, stirring once or twice, until dried and crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve soup hot or chilled, garnished with orange zest, basil and croutons.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.