- 1/2 loaf whole grain bread, cubed (about 6 cups or 7 ounces)
- 1 cup dried mango (about 3 ounces), diced and soaked in warm water at least 10 minutes to soften
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups unsweetened almondmilk
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons flaxseed meal
Drain mango from soaking liquid and place in a blender. Add banana, almondmilk, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, garam masala, nutmeg and flaxseed. Purée until smooth. Combine toasted bread cubes with mango-banana mixture. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spread bread mixture in the dish. Let rest for 30 minutes or overnight to allow bread to soak up ingredients.
Bake at 350°F until set and golden brown on top, about 45 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.