Pumpkin Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (from 2 small oranges)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (from 3 small oranges)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped, pitted dates
Add pumpkin, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla extract and dates to the food processor. Blend until a smooth purée forms, scraping the sides down occasionally, about 1 minute. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the well and fold all the ingredients together with a large spatula.
Scoop little heaps (about 2 tablespoons) of batter onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 1 1/2 inches apart. Flatten the batter slightly. Bake 20 minutes, until the bottoms are just browned. Remove to a cooling rack and cool slightly before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.