- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons no-salt-added chili powder
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced fresh jalapeño peppers (optional)
Add remaining broth, beans and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, until vegetables and beans are tender and sauce is thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in black pepper. Serve with cilantro and jalapeños, if using.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.