- 1/2 pound cherries (about 2 cups), pitted
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato, cored and roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Put breadcrumbs into a wide, shallow dish. Season chicken all over with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, dredge in breadcrumbs to coat, shake off and discard any excess crumbs and transfer coated cutlets to a large plate.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in two batches, if needed, arrange chicken in skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until cooked through and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to plates and spoon salsa over the top.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.