- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2/3 cup grated carrots
- 2/3 cup seeded and grated yellow squash
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large lemon, Zest of
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa with onion, garlic, carrots, squash, spinach, zest, flour, baking powder, egg, salt and pepper. Form mixture into eight (4- to 5-inch) patties and arrange on an oiled baking sheet. Bake, flipping halfway through, until lightly browned and just crisp, about 25 minutes.
Stir together dill, yogurt and lemon juice in small bowl, then spoon over warm quinoa cakes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.