- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 pound (about 1/2 bunch) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas or frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and asparagus. Cook, stirring often, until asparagus is tender and bright green, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and peas and continue cooking for another minute. Stir in chicken and cooked quinoa. Add the spinach and stir until it wilts, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.