- 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes peeled sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon onion granules
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
Meanwhile, in a small saucepot bring quinoa and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss together roasted vegetables, quinoa, almonds, parsley and lemon juice. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.