- 4 large jalapeño peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Meanwhile, put quinoa and 2 cups water into a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to let cool.
Whisk together lime juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle in remaining ¼ cup oil while continuing to whisk constantly. Pour dressing over quinoa then add jalapeños, green onions, queso fresco, pumpkin seeds, grapes and cilantro and toss gently to combine.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.