- 1 bunch lacinato kale, thick stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1 small head), quartered and cored)
- 2 navel oranges or clementines, peeled and segmented
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup orange juice (from about 1 small orange)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, orange juice, vinegar and pepper. Pour over the kale mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.