- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoon fine sea salt
- pinch Cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and simmer until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking; drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Return water to a boil, add potatoes and simmer until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes; drain well and add to bowl with asparagus. Add dressing and chives, and toss to combine. Transfer to a platter and serve at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.