Rice Noodle Salad with Asian-Style Beef
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) piece steak, such as New York strip, rib eye or sirloin
- 1 (8-ounce) package flat rice noodles
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped or shredded
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
Prepare noodles according to package directions, cooking for use in salads. Drain noodles, run under cold water, then toss with 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil in a large bowl to prevent any sticking. Add green onions, carrots, and cucumbers, toss well and set aside.
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. Alternatively, preheat the broiler. Grill or broil steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until done to your liking. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice and add to bowl with noodles.
Whisk sherry, rice vinegar, remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil, mirin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl to make a dressing. Pour dressing over steak and noodles and toss gently to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.