Roast Duck with Mandarin Citrus Sauce
- 1 large (4 1/2 to 5-pound) duck, giblets removed and reserved for another use
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Riesling or other white wine
- 1/2 cup Satsuma or clemetine juice
- 1 cup seedless Satsuma or clementine sections
In a small saucepan, combine shallot, wine and satsuma juice, and simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced by about half. Add satsuma sections and simmer until heated through and softened, about 5 minutes. Carve duck into 4 portions and spoon citrus sauce over top.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.