Watch our how-to video.
- 1 (14-pound) turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 crisp apples, such as Pink Lady or Fuji, peeled, cored and quartered
- 5 red onions, quartered
Remove turkey from oven, remove foil and baste with pan juices. Arrange apples and onions around turkey and continue to roast (without foil covering) until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F or juices run clear (not pink) when you poke thigh with a paring knife, about 2 hours more. Transfer turkey to a platter and let rest 30 minutes before carving. Cover pan with foil to keep apples and onions warm and serve alongside turkey.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.