- 1 (4-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup roughly chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
After 1 hour, remove brisket from the oven; reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Carefully add broth to the pan, spread herb paste over brisket, cover the pan with foil and continue roasting, basting every 45 minutes or so until very tender, 2 to 3 hours more.
Transfer brisket to a platter; set aside to let rest for 10 minutes. Skim off and discard any fat from liquid in the pan. Trim brisket further, if desired, then thinly slice against the grain and spoon pan sauce over the top.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.