Roasted Fish and Veggies with Quinoa and Pine Nuts
- 2 carrots, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 4 (3-ounce) pieces mild white fish fillet such as cod, tilapia or flounder
- 1 lemon, Zest and juice of
- 2 cups cooked quinoa*
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, chopped
Stir vegetables, arrange fish on top and sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, lemon zest and juice and bake until fish is just cooked through, 15 to 20 more minutes. Transfer fish and vegetables to plates or a platter along with quinoa and sprinkle with cilantro and pine nuts.
*Use precooked frozen quinoa or cook from scratch by rinsing 1 cup quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear, drain and transfer to a small pot. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.