- 3 cups peeled and sliced parsnips
- 3 cups peeled and sliced carrots
- 3 cups peeled and cut into wedges rutabaga
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Steam parsnips, carrots and rutabaga over boiling water for 6 minutes, until half cooked. Alternatively, place vegetables in a microwavable dish with 1/2 inch water, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and microwave for 4 minutes.
Drain vegetables and toss with thyme, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes, until browned and tender.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.