Rosemary and Mint Lamb Stir-Fry with Apricot Couscous
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided
- 2 slices lemon
- 1 dried red chile, halved
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 pound lean lamb stew meat, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cup Israeli couscous
- 2 fresh apricots, sliced (or 2 dried apricots, chopped and soaked in hot water to rehydrate)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup halved green beans
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 3 cups baby spinach
For the couscous, bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small pot. Add couscous, apricots, 3 tablespoons mint, green onions, 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to ensure couscous does not stick to bottom of pan, for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and allow to sit for about 7 minutes, while couscous absorbs the remaining water.
Meanwhile, make the stir fry. Heat canola oil in a wok or skillet over high heat until very hot. Add lamb and its marinade and cook, stirring constantly, until lamb is browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer lamb to a plate. Add mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes, until their liquid is released. Add beans and snap peas and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Stir in wine, scraping to release browned bits on the bottom of the wok.
Return lamb wok and cook for about 3 minutes, just until lamb is cooked through. Add spinach and cook, stirring constantly, until just wilted, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve lamb and vegetables spooned over the apricot couscous.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.