- 1 (3-pound) butternut squash, halved lengthwise, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 frozen 9-inch whole wheat pie crust (in pie pan)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until browned, 7 to 9 minutes. Add wine and cook, scraping up any brown bits, for 1 minute more.
Add onion to bowl with squash then add Parmigiano Reggiano, hazelnuts, egg, bread crumbs,remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss gently to combine. Transfer mixture to pie crust, pat down lightly and bake until crust is golden brown and filling is hot, about 40 minutes. Set aside to let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.