- 3 ears yellow or bicolor corn, husked
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, oregano and basil
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (9-inch) frozen whole wheat or regular pie shell, in its pan
- 3 small heirloom tomatoes (about 3/4 pound total), cored and thinly sliced
Pour into crust, arrange the pan on a baking sheet and bake until just set in the middle and golden brown around the edges, 45 to 50 minutes. Set aside to let cool until just warm, or at room temperature. Top with tomatoes and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.