- 1/2 bunch kale (about 4 ounces)
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
Heat remaining 4 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, 1 cup water, oats, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until oats are tender, about 5 minutes. Serve garnished with kale chips.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.