- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
- 1 large leek, white portion only, thinly sliced
- 6 cups low-sodium fish stock or chicken broth
- 4 small new potatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems and ribs removed, leaves cut into strips
- 1 1/2 pound halibut, grouper or monkfish fillets, cut into large pieces
- 12 sea scallops, side muscle removed
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Season scallops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until lightly golden, about 2 minutes per side. Ladle soup into bowls, top with scallops and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.