- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms, such as shiitake, oyster and cremini, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- All-purpose flour, as needed for rolling out crust
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 4 ounces Taleggio cheese (or fontina or soft goat cheese), cut into small pieces
- pinch fine sea salt
Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until softened and golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms salt, and cook until mushrooms are soft and lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in thyme leaves and remove from heat.
Preheat the oven to 500°F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured work surface. Form a flat round, as thin as desired. Sprinkle dough with seeds and press them into dough. Transfer dough to pizza stone or lightly oiled baking sheet. Arrange shallots and mushrooms evenly on top of dough. Scatter with cheese and bake until crust is crisp and golden brown and cheese is bubbly, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.