- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 2 cups diced fresh or canned tomatoes with juices
- 2 1/2 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 pound swordfish, skin removed, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until just golden around the edges, about 3 minutes. Stir in chile flakes, then tomatoes and capers. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add swordfish and stir into sauce. Cover skillet and simmer, stirring gently once or twice, until fish is almost opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Drain pasta, transfer to a platter or large bowl, ladle sauce over pasta and sprinkle with basil.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.