- 12 shiitake mushroom caps (from about 4 ounces mushrooms)
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey, divided
- 2/3 cup silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added rinsed and drained canned white beans
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 skinny wedges iceberg lettuce (from about 1/2 head)
- 1 1/3 cup very thinly sliced Lacinato (dinosaur) kale leaves
Meanwhile, combine tofu, beans, garlic, remaining 1 teaspoon honey, lemon juice, salt and cayenne in a blender, and purée. Place a wedge of iceberg on each of 4 salad plates and top with kale. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with diced mushrooms.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.