- For the Pork
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pound pork shoulder roast
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle tangy barbecue sauce
- For the Slaw
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/8 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2/3 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
Meanwhile, for the slaw, combine cabbage, onion, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to combine, then cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Combine pork with remaining barbecue sauce and serve on warmed buns with coleslaw.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.