- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 pound beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint or parsley
Remove meat from the pot and slice it thinly against the grain. To serve, spoon sauce over meat and sprinkle with mint.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.